9722 163rd PL NE
Redmond, WA 98052
August 2017 – Present
Collabera (Capital One)
- Currently consulting with Capital One’s 401k team on various .NET systems. Please see my 2007 – 2015 experience at
Capital One for technical details on these applications.
April 2015 – July 2017
Ann Arbor, MI (Remote)
- Developed a variety of web and back office applications for the healthcare industry.
- Wrote and designed features for Microsoft stack web apps (MVC, .NET 4.5, C#, SQL Server).
- Integrated REST and SOAP services into applications to import healthcare data.
- Added data visualization features to the core MVC ASP.NET application.
- Created Windows service applications using C# and Python for SQL data import and processing.
- Wrote and optimized SQL Server queries for reporting and auditing tasks.
- Worked with business and end users to gather requirements and architect solutions.
December 2007 – April 2015
Capital One (formerly ING DIRECT)
- Architected and developed 401k web applications using IIS7.5, ASP.NET, .NET 4.5, and C#.
- Designed and used WCF web services to communicate with remote systems.
- Designed database tables and wrote stored procedures using SQL Server 2012.
- Developed a custom Content Management System for dynamically updating page content.
- Designed and developed a Silverlight .NET application to graph potential customer savings.
- Generated dynamic PDF documents using Crystal Reports and Dynamic PDF software.
- Wrote code to in the Salesforce.com cloud to increase the sales team’s efficiency.
- Wrote code using the Microsoft MVC framework and Microsoft Entity framework.
- Created a Windows Phone 7 .NET app to generate mobile 401k quotes.
- Worked with the business team to design systems and refine requirements.
- Software tools used: Visual Studio, C#, .NET 4.5, MVC, Entity Framework, Ninject, ELMAH, NUnit, Moq, AutoMapper,
Telerik Controls, Lucene.Net
November 2005 – December 2007
Software Design Engineer
- Designed and developed the middle tier of a 3-Tier system to allow clients to access previously released Windows
- Web services were written in C# running on Windows Server, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Designed, developed, and managed a complete end to end build automation system.
- Gathered user requirements and wrote the design specification.
- Wrote a C# application using object oriented techniques that processed user requests.
- Wrote a C# ASP.NET web application that allowed users to submit requests and get status of jobs.
- Wrote a tool to automate the creation of daily job status emails by using Jscript, VBScript, XML, XSLT, HTML, CSS,
Product Studio, and Outlook automation.
- Contributed to the Agile/Scrum development process.
September 2003 – September 2005
Software Development Engineer
- Designed and developed a documentation authoring and production system using C#, XSLT, and SQL.
- Wrote XSLT transforms to convert Word XML documents into HTML.
- Created a Microsoft Word application to import SQL data into Word documents.
- Created a very large XSD schema that documentation writers used to create documentation.
- Wrote applications in C# and VB.NET to be used in the automated production process.
- Gathered software requirements from customers and converted requirements code.
- Defined product milestones. Delivered specified features on time and within budget.
- Developed a process using XSLT to transform Word 95 documents into Word XML documents.
- Planned and implemented a variety of useful productivity improvements for the team such as separate development/production
branches and an automated error notification system.
April 2003 – September 2003
Venturi Technology Partners
Software Development Engineer
- Used C# and NUnit to perform automated testing and verification of the Web Part.
- Wrote Microsoft Visio automation software using C# and to create Visio drawings based on user supplied data such
as an Excel spreadsheet or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Developed software to extract data from Microsoft Project and SharePoint using .NET Web Services.
- Designed and specified new features that would add business value to the products.
February 2002 – January 2003
Excell Data Corporation
- Wrote applications to automate the production build system.
- Created tools to monitor production status and other tasks using C++, JScript, SQL, and XML.
- Used advanced features of Perforce / Source Depot to manage large amounts of source code.
July 1999 – May 2000
Santa Clara, CA
- Created install programs for a variety of network security products using InstallShield.
- Developed and maintained a large InstallShield project for the Gauntlet firewall.
- Maintained the automatic software packaging process with Microsoft Visual C++.
- Researched and implemented features to increase the security of product installs on Windows NT.
August 1996 – July 1999
Epson Palo Alto Laboratory
Palo Alto, CA
- Designed, developed, and released Photo Sheet application.
- Written in C++ with MFC for all versions of Windows, also runs on MacOS.
- Developed USB drivers for digital cameras and wristwatches.
- Developed C++ software to synchronize Microsoft Outlook and Exchange data with a wristwatch.
October 1993 – August 1996
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Developed various GUI software applications for Windows NT with C++/MFC.
- Created software to manage Windows print queues over TCP/IP connections.
- Designed and executed test plans for a variety of software products.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- 1991 – 1995 California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, USA