2005 – Present Microsoft
Software Design Engineer
· Designed, developed, and managed a complete end to end process automation system.
· Gathered user requirements and wrote the design specification.
· Managed the project schedule, met with customers, delivered the product on time.
· Wrote a C# application using object oriented techniques that processed user requests.
· Wrote a C# ASP.NET web application that allowed users to submit requests and get status of jobs.
· The system provided 100% automation. The automation saved Microsoft significant resources because a support person was not required to run it.
· Designed and developed an automated error reporting system for internal processes.
· Wrote code to log errors and relevant information to a SQL Server database.
· Created a C# ASP.NET application to display charts and tables based on the data utilizing SQL Reporting Services 2005.
· The charts enabled analysis of costly errors allowing the most problematic errors to be fixed first.
· Maintained and improved a .NET C# web service that allowed clients to obtain previous releases of binaries. The web service ran on Windows Server 2003 with IIS.
· Wrote a tool to automate the creation of daily job status emails by using Jscript, VBScript, XML, XSLT, HTML, CSS, bug database (accessed through COM), and Outlook automation.
· Contributed to the Agile/Scrum development process.
2003 – September 2005 Steyer
Software Development Engineer
· Designed and developed a documentation authoring and production system using C#, XSLT, and SQL.
· Wrote XSLT transforms to convert Word 2003 XML documents into HTML.
· Created a very large XSD schema that documentation writers used to create documentation.
· Wrote applications in C# and VB.NET to be used in the automated production process.
· Gathered software requirements from customers and converted requirements to specifications and code.
· Defined product milestones. Delivered specified features on time and within budget.
· Developed a process using XSLT to transform Word 95 documents into Word 2003 XML documents.
· Planned and implemented a variety of useful productivity improvements for the team such as separate development/production branches and an automated error notification system.
April 2003 – September 2003 Venturi Technology Partners
Software Development Engineer
· Used C# and NUnit to perform automated testing and verification of the Web Part.
· Wrote Microsoft Visio automation software using C# and to create Visio drawings based on user supplied data such as an Excel spreadsheet or Microsoft SQL Server.
· Fixed bugs in a web based ActiveX control written in Visual Basic 6.
· Developed software to extract data from Project Server and SharePoint using .NET Web Services.
· Designed and specified new features that would add business value to the products.
2002 – January 2003 Excell Data Corporation
· Wrote JScript, VBScript, and tools to automate the production build system.
· Created tools to monitor production status and other tasks using C++, JScript, SQL, and XML.
· Used advanced features of Perforce / Source Depot to manage large amounts of source code.
· Trained new workers to help them learn the proper procedures for managing the automation system.
1999 – May 2000 Network Associates
· Created install programs for a variety of network security products using InstallShield and Microsoft Visual C++ with COM objects.
· Developed and maintained a 10,000 line InstallShield project for the Gauntlet firewall.
· Maintained the automatic software packaging process with Microsoft Visual C++.
· Created software for use with the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
· Researched and implemented features to increase the security of product installs on Windows NT.
· Managed Visual SourceSafe source code control systems.
· Advised product teams on installation related issues.
1996 – July 1999 Epson
· Designed, developed, and released Photo Sheet application.
· Written in C++ with MFC for all versions of Windows, also runs on MacOS.
· Developed USB drivers for digital cameras and wristwatches.
· Created reusable C++ Graphical User Interface controls for Windows applications.
· Developed C++ software to synchronize Microsoft Outlook data with a wristwatch.
· Wrote software installers with InstallShield.
1993 – August 1996 IPTech
· Developed various GUI software applications for Windows NT with C++/MFC.
· Created software to manage Windows print queues over TCP/IP connections.
· Extensive network and user interface work in the Java programming language.
· Designed and executed test plans for a variety of software products.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
1991 – 1995
California Polytechnic State University,
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
· December 2004 - Passed Exam 70-316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET